What to Expect at JennScents Aromaversity
Welcome to the JennScents® Aromaversity™ – your university for aromatherapy certification online and skilled trade training in essential oils and phyto-aromatherapy custom blending skill development. The JennScents® Aromatherapy Certification Course Program is a 368-hour online, home-study program for everyone from aromatherapy beginners and enthusiasts to clinical professionals and those wanting to integrate aromatherapy into their business.
Aromatherapy Certification Online
The JennScents Aromaversity® aromatherapy certification online courses are designed to offer in-depth training, knowledge and hands-on education about the fundamentals of true aromatherapy history, modern developments, principles, foundations, safety, quality, botany, practical application methods, aroma-chemistry introduction, blending guidelines and techniques, 60+ essential oil profiles, business ethics and much more, to develop your skills as a holistic aromatherapist. With each aromatherapy certification course you will receive access to your online courses, instructional audio-visual per lesson, quizzes along the way, guidance and mentoring to complete your course assignments. You will be able to communicate with Jennifer Pressimone, JennScents Aromaversity® founder and instructor. Bridging Scentillect® & Scenterpretation for Mind-Body Health.
Approved Online Aromatherapy Courses
Our Level 1, 2 & 3 aromatherapy certification programs are approved by (and compliant with) the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), as well as NCBTMB and CE Broker providing CEU’s for Licensed Massage Therapists (nationwide), Florida CNAs and Florida Licensed Dietitians, Nutritionists and Nutritional Counselors.
CE Broker Provider #50-5550
NCBTMB Provider #451338-10
NAHA Level 1, Level 2 & Level 3 Approved
Provides a well-rounded foundation in ancient practices to current principles in integrating holistic aromatic studies, blending and client assessment for common health situations.
- Foundations & Principles in Aromatherapy
- Introduction to ancient to current history
- Materia medica of 25 Essential Oils
- Materia medica of various carriers & bases
- Production & Quality of Essential Oils & Carriers
- Anatomy & Physiology I – absorption methods, body systems of gastrointestinal, immune, limbic & olfaction, lymphatic, glandular & endocrine, nervous, muscular-skeletal, integumentary
- Essential oil and carrier interactions on physical, mental and emotional levels
- Basic essential oil chemistry with contraindications of essential oils
- How to create & design an effective blend
- Methods of application and use
- Safety guidelines and contraindications (including dermal, respiratory, internal)
- 10 Case studies, Book report, Blending Assignments with instructor mentoring
- Blending exercises to build your hands-on experience and confidence
- For beginner’s to aromatherapy enthusiasts
- NAHA Approved Level 1 Certification Program, 60-hours
- 30 LMT CEU’s
Comprehensive aromatic studies in various facets of professional aromatherapy topics facilitating integration of holistic health practices for various mind-body health needs.
- Includes Level 1 Holistic Aromatherapy program
- History and Modern Development
- Botany and taxonomy
- Advanced properties of essential oils within a professional framework for personal care with women, men, children, pets, environmental
- Methods of extraction & Aroma-chemistry
- 35+ Essential Oil, Carrier & Base Profiles
- In-depth aromatic safety (including dermal, respiratory & internal use)
- Highly detailed advanced blending techniques and methods of application
- Anatomy & Physiology II – respiratory, hepatic, circulatory, urinary, limbic & brain systems, weight management
- Consultation & client program design
- Business development, ethics, Case Studies & Research Paper
- Phyto-Aromatherapy for Gastrointestinal Imbalances
- Ethics & Legalities of practicing aromatherapy
- Graduation requirements: Course Case Studies, Research Paper, final exam with instructor mentoring
- For anyone who loves aromatherapy
- NAHA Approved Level 2 Certification Program, 222-hours
- 96 LMT CEU’s
In-depth and comprehensive phyto-aromatic training in a clinical setting to enhance and develop proficiency with skills, scentillect™ and scenterpretation™ that utilizes complementary and integrative holistic health modalities.
- Includes Level 2 Holistic Aromatherapy program
- 60+ Essential Oil profiles
- 35+ Carrier Oils & Base Profiles
- Properties of essential oils within a clinical framework
- Safety, toxicology & contraindications (dermal, respiratory & internal) of essential oils including vulnerable populations – infants & children, pregnancy, elderly, and chronic conditions
- In-depth client intake, assessment & consultation training
- Scope of practice, legal, ethical, privacy issues
- Phyto-aromatherapy for the Integumentary System including skin care, hair and nail issues with remedies
- Phyto-Aromatherapy for Mind-Body Health for mental and emotional balance
- Advanced Pathophysiology I & II of common diseases and conditions
- Business Development, Ethics, Case Studies & Research paper with instructor mentoring
- For those wanting advanced training in aromatherapy
- NAHA Approved Level 3 Certification Program, 368 hours
- 134.5 LMT CEU’s
Aromatherapy Business Training Course Package
2 courses – The Aromatherapy Business Training Course Package is designed to provide you with in-depth, step-by-step training and knowledge in creating a flourishing aromatherapy business. Whether you are starting from scratch or cultivating an existing business, you will gain valuable insight in business development and growth strategies, marketing approaches, business planning, financial analysis, operations, helpful resources, consultation practice and much more.
Our holistic aromatherapy certification online courses include lesson, homework assignments, case studies, book report and research paper. An 85% or higher must be achieved on all assignments, quizzes and final exam in order to be awarded your Certificate of Achievement. You’ll have 3 months to complete each individual course or 2 years for the entire program Level 1, 2, & 3. Extensions may be requested in writing for extenuating circumstances.
What Our Students Are Saying
Kathy Stickler, NC
Cindy Gould-Gutierrez, CCA CAA CNHC, AZ
Neil Taffe, NCBTMB, LMT, AMTA