Essential Oil Recipes to Increase Productivity
Aromatherapy can enhance cognitive functions, in all areas of the brain and gut. Science shows it powerful effects for enhancing memory recall, learning new tasks, cognitive response time, analytical thinking and problem-solving. Memories triggered by scent have stronger emotional connections, therefore appear more intense than other memory triggers such as sight, sound or touch (source). When you have faster and accurate cognitive functions, it will enhance and accellerate productivity, stamina and endurance. This is helpful for work projects and performance, as well as daily personal tasks. Let’s face it, we are in a multi-tasking, multifaceted society. We need productivity to keep up, so we don’t feel overwhelmed and defeated.
12 Top Brain Boosting Essential Oils to Increase Productivity
To increase productivity, personally and professionally, you need focus, awareness and belief in yourself. One of the biggest culprits in hindering your forward movement is self-doubt. You question if you are good enough. If you have the right skillset or resources. If you have the right know-how and education. Stop! You are good enough. Start with what you know right now. Someone needs you, where you are in this moment. Create a plan to enhance your education. Start moving forward. The more you do and practice, the more confidence you will have, and self-doubt will be kicked to the curb. Here is your Brain Boosting Toolbox of essential oil recipes to increase productivity, mood and mindset.
- Sweet Basil: Enhances brain function, thinking and mental strength by increasing cellular circulation. It is also a nervine to calm nerve spasms, which enhances neurological communications, strengthens nerve health, message delivery and cellular regeneration.
- Black Pepper: Stimulates circulation, activates movment of fluid, muscles and joints, combats any foreighn invaders and
- Piper nigrum proved to be effective for prevention of Alzheimer’s disease. Findings showed less cholinesterase levels demonstrating a significant effect on preventing neurodegeneration, which causes increase cholinesterase levels (source).
- Cedar: Is a strengthening tonic for membranes, cells and neurotransmissions, enhancing accurate and precise messages to be sent adn delivered where they need to go.
- Cinnamon: As a blood sugar regulator, a known culprit in affecting cognitive functions, it can strengthen memory, learning capability, mood and immunity. Here are some great research study reference showing it’s power to help with dementia, Alzheimer’s and other cognitive impairments.
- Cinnamon was shown to exert strong brain protective and pro-cognitive effects in various models of neurodegeneration, in addition to having anti-inflammatory, anti-diabetic and anti-cancer properties (Kawatra et al., 2015; Kelestemur et al., 2016, source).
- Pepper and cinnamon, thermogenesis enhancers, was shown to demonstrate the ability to counteract cognitive impairment caused by exposure to cold (source).
- Frankincense: Not only does frankincense help one overcome fearful situations (remember, fear resides in the kidney), it can increase memory and spatial learning (source).
- Lavender: Lavender is probably the most researched and well-known of all the essential oils. It is considered the “jack of all trades, master of all” oil. Its effects on cognitive and neurological functions are profound. Lavender has been shown, time and again to . Results from a 2012 study revealed that lavender oil caused significant decreases of blood pressure, heart rate, and skin temperature, which indicated a decrease of autonomic arousal. This in turn, increased theta (inspiration, dream-provoking) and alpha waves (imagination, relaxation), responsible for mood balance, being more active, fresher and relaxed (source). Thus, a great stress management tool, known to increase productivity and performance.
- Lemon: Lemon is like a lightbulb, shining a light on creativity to sharpen focus, concentration, clarity, alertness, articulation and accuracy. It has been shown to spark more accurate and efficient memory recall and cognitive performance.
- Orange: This is my favorite to nourish the adrenals, proving an inner energy to endure, persist and feed resilience, physiologically and psychologically.
- Peppermint: Numerous studies have shown its ability to sharpen and strengthen focus, concentration and cognitive performance of memory recall, task learning, analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- Rosemary: It’s signature nickname is the “love, death and remembrance” oil. It is THE memory enhancing scent, stimulating circulation, communication and precise conductivity in the brain.
- Sage: Commonly referred to as “sage wisdom”. Used over 1000 years ago for cerebrovascular disease. Numerous studies have shown its cognitive enhancing effects (source). It has also been shown to improve cognitive deficits with TBI (source).
- Vetiver: Helps you stay grounded, strengthening focus and concentration to stay on task. It helps you stay connected to your purpose, as it strengthens electrical brain activity adn communications (source).
7 Top Brain Boosting Herbs
The gut, brain and immune system is intricately intertwined. Strengthen your brain, cognitive and neurotransmitter functions, gut-brain health and your immune system with these top cephalic (brain) enhancing herbs. Of course there are more, however these are my personal top 5 that deliver powerful and noticeable results.
- Ginkgo biloba
- Gotu Kola
- Huperzine A
- Lion’s Mane
5 Brain Boosting Essential Oil Recipes to Increase Productivity
Boost My Brain DIY Roll-on
- .33oz. Unscented carrier oil
- 6 drops Rosemary, Rosmarinus officinalis
- 4 drops Lemon, Citrus limonum
- 3 drops Orange,Citrus sinensis
- 2 drops Peppermint,Mentha x piperita
- 1 drops Sweet Basil, Oscicum basilicum
- 1 drop Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia
Combine essential oils followed by the carrier oil in the roll-on bottle. Cap it and gently roll between your hands from side to side. This will help mix the oils together. Use as needed to boost brain power, by applying to your pulse points, around the temples and back of neck. Or, let us make the Brain Booster Roll-on for you.
Confidence Booster DIY Aromatic Spray, 2 oz. aka…No More Doubt Blend
- 6 drops Black pepper, Piper nigrum
- 7 drops Peppermint, Mentha x piperita or Spearmint, Mentha spicata
- 5 Frankincense, Boswellia carterii
- 4 drops Sweet Basil, Ocimum basilicum
- 2 ounces distilled water, plant enzymes or Lavender hydrosol
Combine essential oils followed by the liquid carrier in the spray bottle. Cap it and gently roll between your hands from side to side to marry the ingredients. This will help mix the essential oils together. Use as needed to boost brain power, by applying over your head adn letting it “rain” on you. Spray your pulse points, body and hands. Or, let us make the Brain Booster Spray for you.
Help Me Focus Nasal Atomizer
- 5 drops Peppermint, Mentha x piperita
- 5 drops Lemon, Citrus limonum
- 3 drop Cedar, Cedrus atlantica
- 3 drops Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia
- 3 drops Vetiver, Vetivera zizanioides
- 2 drops Frankincense, Boswellia carterii
Take the unscented wick out of the nasal atomizer and place on a clean surface such as glass, wood, stainless steel or a cloth. You will add (drop) each essential oil one at a time along the wick, spacing out the drops. Put the wick inside of the glass bottle and tighten on the cap. You can carry this with you anywhere. Use as often as you need to focus, concentrate, be alert, learn a new task and to boost your immune and gastrointestinal functions.
Productivity Producer Hand Lotion, 4 oz.
- 6 drops Lemon, Citrus limomum
- 6 drops Orange, Citrus sinensis
- 4 drops Cedar, Cedrus atlantica
- 4 drops Rosemary, Rosmarinus officinalis
- 2 ounces aloe vera gel
- 2 ounces shea butter
In a bowl or jar, mix the shea butter and aloe vera gel until smooth. You may have to slightly heat up the shea butter to have it melt a bit, making it easier to mix. Then, add in the essential oils. Add to the bottle. Cap. Shake well. Label. Use 2-3 times daily, especially before tackling a project or meeting to enhance productivity adn performance.
Help Me Remember Diffusing Oil, 5ml
- 40 drops Lavender, Lavendula angustifolia
- 32 drops Cinnamon, Cinnamomum zeylancium
- 18 drops Frankincense, Boswellia carterii
- 10 drops Sage, Salvia officinalis
In an empty 5ml essential oil bottle, add each essential oil. Cap. Roll between your hands vigorously to blend the oils together. Label. Use 5-10 drops in your ultrasonic diffuser once or twice a day to combat cognitive issues.
Share your favorite essential oil recipes to increase productivity. Happy blending!
Resources: Excerpts taken from the following sources –
- JennScents Holistic Aromatherapy Comprehensive Guide
- Aromatherapy For Brain Health e-Book
- JennScents Aromaversity Course, Phyto-Aromatherapy for Gastrointestinal Health and Advanced Pathophysiology I
Want someone to help you identify where you are stuck and why, and create an action plan to get you moving?
Want to create movement in your life, health & business that builds momentum so you can achieve your goals & dreams?
Want a tried-and-true system that guides you in taking steps, so you don’t have to figure it out on your own?
I’ve got you.
Check out my Design, Align & Shine Coaching Program that helps you uncover hidden or stuck mindset blocks to unleash your inner fire. When you are connected to your purpose and passion, everything is possible. You just need the desire, a system, guide and tools to get you there.
Get registered for my Design, Align & Shine Program. Your time is NOW!
Author: Jennifer Pressimone, Entrepreneur, Formulator, Author
Jennifer Pressimone is an aromatherapy entrepreneur (an Aromapreneur™). She is the founder and President of JennScents®, Inc. and the JennScents Aromaversity®. She is the Vice-President and Regional Florida Director of Central Florida for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA). Jennifer has build, managed and maintained several health and wellness businesses over the last 20 years. She is an incredibly gifted essential oil formulator, aromatherapy educator, public speaker, herbalist, author and philanthropist. She leads with passion, experience and heart to inspire, empower and motivate others to not only follow their dreams, but crush it, realizing more than they ever imagined possible. Jennifer is a life coach and business mentor. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida, and has thousands of hours in continuing education in many health and wellness topics. Her specialties include mind-body health, gastrointestinal health and cognitive aromatherapy for humans and pets.