Why are Citrus Essential Oils so Important?
Citrus essential oils are top notes. They typically come at you quick, then dissipate within a short period of time. So, if their scent doesn’t linger, why are they so important? Can they help that fast? The answer is yes. Even when a scent doesn’t linger, science shows us that just one whiff can fill the olfactory receptor sites to cause the brain to engage, activate and trigger action throughout the entire body and brain. They are important because they are our “cheerleaders”. Our “flashlight”. Our “activators”. They activate the mind and body to communicate with each other, shining a light on the right messages to be sent, cheering our body functions on to work their best. This is why they can affect mood and behavior, instantly. When you smell, lemon, you can’t help but smile, right?
3 tips to help you choose the right citrus oil
- Scent: Smell it. Do you like it? How much do you like it? This will help you decide how many drops to use in a blend.
- Purpose: What are you using it for? Is it for a physical, mental, emotional or energetic concern? Or, is it just for fun? To keep you happy and healthy?
- Application: Where and how will you be using it? This will help you choose if it will be a diffuser blend, roll-on, lotion, massage oil, spray or bath/shower salt.
Citrus Essential Oil Comparison Chart
Citrus Bliss Aromatic Spray, 20z.
- 4 drops Bergamot, Citrus bergamia
- 4 drops Grapefruit, Citrus paradise
- 4 drops Lemon, Citrus limonum
- 4 drops Lime, Citrus medica
- 4 drops Orange, Citrus sinensis
- 4 drops Yuzu, Citrus junos
- .25 ounces vegetable glycerin
- 1.75 ounces distilled water
- Combine .25 ounces of vegetable glycerin into a bottle. Next, add in the essential oils. Swirl the bottle gently, so the mixture doesn’t splash out. Let sit for 20-30 minutes. Add in the distilled water. Label your bottle and store in a cool area. Use daily to lift your mood, inspire motivation, bring you joy and happiness. This blend is great to boost the immune system, circulation and offer lymphatic support.
Author: Jennifer Pressimone, Entrepreneur, Formulator, Author
Jennifer Pressimone is an aromatherapy entrepreneur (an Aromapreneur™). She is the founder and President of JennScents®, Inc. and the JennScents Aromaversity®. She is the Vice-President and Regional Florida Director of Central Florida for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA). Jennifer has build, managed and maintained several health and wellness businesses over the last 20 years. She is an incredibly gifted essential oil formulator, aromatherapy educator, public speaker, herbalist, author and philanthropist. She leads with passion, experience and heart to inspire, empower and motivate others to not only follow their dreams, but crush it, realizing more than they ever imagined possible. Jennifer is a life coach and business mentor. She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida, and has thousands of hours in continuing education in many health and wellness topics. Her specialties include mind-body health, gastrointestinal health and cognitive aromatherapy for humans and pets.
Want to feel more confident in using essential oils safely to take care your family & others?
Looking to expand your knowledge and skills using essential oils?
Want to add aromatherapy to your client services to enrich your niche?
Or start a new career path in aromatherapy?
Glad you are here.
The JennScents Aromaversity has 3 training programs to meet you where you are, and help you grow to where you want to be.
When you are connected to your passion and lead with purpose, everything is possible.
You just need the right education, mentor, and tools to get you there.
Come see us at the Aromaversity to see how we can make your dreams come true, doing something you love.