You cannot point to one body part or organ and say, “that’s the immune system”. Your whole body and mind, inside and out support and strengthen immune function. From the digestive, lymphatic and hepatic systems, to the appendix (aka microbiome antenna as I call it), skin, lungs, thoughts and emotions. Did you know, that when you are sad, your immune system is suppressed by over 50%? That’s why when you are sad, upset, lonely or depressed, you should be watching comedy movies, not dramas and horror flicks. You should also avoid being around people who zap your energy or personally attack your psyche, especially when you are not feeling 100%. .
What are some ways that I boost my immune system using essential oils, botanical tinctures and herbal supplements? Let me share my favorites.
- Essential Oils:
- Fruits: Lemon & Orange to enhance white blood cell activity and ability to fight off “the bad guys”
- Spices: Cinnamon & Thyme for their antiviral, antibacterial, anti-parasitic properties (this included people parasites, those people who latch on to you and leach your energy)
- Flowers: Lavender, Geranium and Palmarosa are great to help reduce and alleviate stress, a known to contributor to cortisol increase which activates inflammation and oxidation (aging) and causes us to be weak and fatigued.
- Camphoraceous: Eucalyptus and Rosemary to open us up, stimulate circulation and release what is congesting us.
- Botanical Tinctures:
- Lemon Balm: antiviral, adrenal support, immune booster
- Garlic: known “natural antiobiotic”
- Herbal Supplementation:
- Olive Leaf: antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, natural antiobiotic
- Adaptogens: Eleuthero, Schizandra, Astragalus, Rhodiola, Suma Root – help body adapt to any situation (revs you up and calms you down wherever needed, simultaneously)
- Maca: rejuvenating tonic that strengthens and supports immune processes and functions
- Cupuacu fruit; antioxidant
- Chinese Anti-viral Herbal Supplement: dandelion, purslane, bupleurum, indigo leaves/root, thlaspi, scute, licorice and more to combat virus and bacterial while boosting immune function
Supporting your immune system in every way, can help you increase the quality of your life and health, immensely. Here are ways I do it.
- Massage therapy: Massage has been proven to reduce stress and enhance overall immunity (source)
- Hydration: drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of water each day, eliminate soda and sugary juices
- Food Choices: choose more veggies, fruits, fish and organic meats to nourish your body rather than quick foods in a box, can or a bag.
- Sleep: get to sleep before 11:00pm each night. This is when your second adrenaline kicks in. Read my Circadian Rhythm blog for more insight.
ImmunoScent Mind-Body Spray
1oz. Aquasol Silver
1oz. Plant Enzymes
6 drops Lemon Essential Oil
5 drops Orange Essential Oil
5 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
3 drops Thyme Essential Oil
3 drops Lavender Essential oil
2 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Blend in a 2oz. spray bottle, mix well and label. Use a couple times a day and as needed for an immune boost.
The information shared was created solely by Certified Clinical Phyto-Aromatherapist & Scentpreneur™, Jennifer H. Pressimone. Copyright2018. No portion of this content may be reproduced, shared, or copied without written permission from the author. Any such reproduction in any form would constitute plagiarism.
References: This blog contains excerpts from JennScents Aromaversity Certification Courses.Tags: aromatherapy chart, aromatherapy diffuser, aromatherapy for dogs, aromatherapy for immune, aromatherapy for scalp, aromatherapy for sleep, aromatherapy for stress, aromatherapy gut brain microbiome axis, aromatherapy massage, aromatherapy recipe, aromatherapy reflexology, aromatherapy science, essential oil diffuser, essential oil for anxiety, essential oil for colds, essential oil for hair growth, essential oil for immune, essential oil for sunburn, essential oil for weight, essential oil recipe, essential oils for allergy, essential oils for bug bites, essential oils for energy, essential oils for headaches, essential oils for stress, essential oils for Swedish massage, helichrysum, rose, science of aromatherapy