You cannot point to one body part or organ and say, “that’s the immune system”. Your whole body and mind, inside and out support and strengthen immune function. From the digestive, lymphatic and hepatic systems, to the appendix (aka microbiome antenna as I call it), skin, lungs, thoughts and emotions. Did you know, that when you are sad, your immune system is suppressed by over 50%? That’s why when you are sad, upset, lonely or depressed, you should be watching comedy movies, not dramas and horror flicks. You should also avoid being around people who zap your energy or personally attack your psyche, especially when you are not feeling 100%. .
What are some ways that I boost my immune system using essential oils, botanical tinctures and herbal supplements? Let me share my favorites.
- Essential Oils:
- Fruits: Lemon & Orange to enhance white blood cell activity and ability to fight off “the bad guys”
- Spices: Cinnamon & Thyme for their antiviral, antibacterial, anti-parasitic properties (this included people parasites, those people who latch on to you and leach your energy)
- Flowers: Lavender, Geranium and Palmarosa are great to help reduce and alleviate stress, a known to contributor to cortisol increase which activates inflammation and oxidation (aging) and causes us to be weak and fatigued.
- Camphoraceous: Eucalyptus and Rosemary to open us up, stimulate circulation and release what is congesting us.
- Botanical Tinctures:
- Lemon Balm: antiviral, adrenal support, immune booster
- Garlic: known “natural antibiotic”
- Herbal Supplementation: Strong antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal and antioxidants
- Olive Leaf: antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, natural antibiotic
- Adaptogens: Eleuthero, Schizandra, Astragalus, Rhodiola, Suma Root – help body adapt to any situation (revs you up and calms you down wherever needed, simultaneously)
- Medicinal Mushrooms: lion’s mane, reishi, maitake, shitake, turkey’s tale, chaga, tremella, cordyceps, agaricus blazei, meshima
- Maca: rejuvenating tonic that strengthens and supports immune processes and functions
- Cupuacu fruit: more powerful antioxidant than acai, contains 21% amino acids; enhances locomotor skills and immune system; related to the cacao tree; helps support skin & hair health; diabetic related kidney issues; anti-inflammatory (source)
- Chinese Anti-viral Herbal Supplement: dandelion, purslane, bupleurum, indigo leaves/root, thlaspi, scute, licorice and more to combat virus and bacterial while boosting immune function
- Aquasol Silver: highly antiviral, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-infectious
Supporting your immune system in every way, can help you increase the quality of your life and health, immensely. Here are ways I do it.
- Massage therapy: Massage has been proven to reduce stress and enhance overall immunity (source)
- Hydration: drink at least half of your body weight in ounces of water each day, eliminate soda and sugary juices
- Food Choices: choose more veggies, fruits, fish and organic meats to nourish your body rather than quick foods in a box, can or a bag.
- Sleep: get to sleep before 11:00pm each night. This is when your second adrenaline kicks in. Read my Circadian Rhythm blog for more insight.
DIY ImmunoScent Mind-Body Spray
1oz. Aquasol Silver
1oz. Plant Enzymes
6 drops Lemon Essential Oil
5 drops Orange Essential Oil
5 drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
3 drops Thyme Essential Oil
3 drops Lavender Essential oil
2 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Blend in a 2oz. spray bottle, mix well and label. Use 2-3 times a day and as needed for an immune boost.
Don’t have all of these oil? We can make it for you. Order here.
Want to learn more of which specific essential oils can help support the immune system? Click here for a free aromatherapy training webinar.
The information shared was created solely by Certified Clinical Phyto-Aromatherapist & Scentpreneur™, Jennifer H. Pressimone. Copyright2018. No portion of this content may be reproduced, shared, or copied without written permission from the author. Any such reproduction in any form would constitute plagiarism.
References: This blog contains excerpts from JennScents Aromaversity Certification Courses.
Want to feel more confident in using essential oils safely to take care your family & others?
Looking to expand your knowledge and skills using essential oils?
Want to add aromatherapy to your client services to enrich your niche?
Or start a new career path in aromatherapy?
Glad you are here.
The JennScents Aromaversity has 3 training programs to meet you where you are, and help you grow to where you want to be.
When you are connected to your passion and lead with purpose, everything is possible.
You just need the right education, mentor, and tools to get you there.
Come see us at the Aromaversity to see how we can make your dreams come true, doing something you love.
Article References: JennScents Holistic Comprehensive Guide, JennScents Aromaversity Classes, JennScents E-books and Reference Material
Author: Jennifer Pressimone, Entrepreneur, Formulator, Author
Jennifer Pressimone is an aromatherapy entrepreneur (an Aromapreneur™). She is the founder and President of JennScents®, Inc. and the JennScents Aromaversity®. She is the Vice-President and Regional Florida Director of Central Florida for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA). Jennifer has build, managed and maintained several health and wellness businesses over the last 20 years. She is an incredibly gifted essential oil formulator, aromatherapy educator, public speaker, herbalist, author and philanthropist. She leads with passion, experience and heart to inspire, empower and motivate others to not only follow their dreams, but crush it, realizing more than they ever imagined possible. Jennifer is a life coach and business mentor. She received her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida, and has thousands of hours in continuing education in many health and wellness topics. Her specialties include mind-body health, gastrointestinal health and cognitive aromatherapy for humans and pets.
Disclaimers: Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prescribe. It is recommended that if serious health issues exist, you consult a licensed medical provider. JennScents does not assume liability or responsibility for the use and/or misuse of this information.