Releasing the Hurt: Scents to help you release past hurts
How do you connect with and work through feelings of hurt and betrayal?
Here are 5 journaling questions, to help you dump out all the feelings, emotions, and attachments to the hurt, so you can start to process and release it.
With journaling, it is a way for you to connect and reconnect to your true, authentic yourself, unfiltered and unjudged. When you expose those hidden hurts, you can then see solutions and the light of how to work through them and let them go.
Adding in aromatherapy before you journal, during and after, can help support and nurture your mind, heart, and gut. My favorite essential oils to diffuse during my journaling session are –
- Orange to inspire creativity and fun (so the painful emotions coming out don’t hurt so bad)
- Lemon to help light the path to these hidden emotions I buried
- Grapefruit to move out the stuck emotions
- Lavender to instill harmony and balance
- Rosemary to keep me from feeling stuck
- Cinnamon to bring me comfort and help me feel safe to expose these hidden emotions
- You can use 1-2 drops of each in your ultrasonic diffuser
When you journal, create a quiet space, free of distractions. Brew a cup of your favorite herbal tea. Put on some fuzzy slippers & comfortable clothes. Sit in an area free of clutter, that makes you feel good and inspired. That could be outside, or in your favorite comfy chair in your living room.
Journal questions. You want to write down (or say of you are verbal journaling) the first things that come to mind. Don’t analyze, restrict, or confine them from flowing out. Just let them flow freely. Be present and aware.
- Why holding onto the hurt?
- What about the hurt brings you comfort?
- What about the hurt brings you upset?
- What do you feel like if that hurt did not exist?
Now, marvel in that feeling and strive to connect on a deep level with that feeling. When you vibrate in that non-hurt frequency, you will pull more in that direction, away from the hurt frequency. The goal is to connect more and more with the hurt-free vibration or energy, and not give attention or time to the hurtful vibrations.
How will you recognize when you are in the hurt-free frequency?
What can you do to get into or stay in the hurt-free frequency?
Release the Hurt Nasal Atomizer
3 drops sweet orange, Citrus sinensis
3 drops lemon, Citrus limonum
3 drops pink grapefruit, Citrus paradisi
4 drops lavender, Lavandula angustifolia
2 drops rosemary, Rosmarinus officinalis
2 drops cinnamon, Cinnamomum zeylancium