It’s time to replace the unhealthy “smoke-break” with a healthier option – the “scent-break”. In a workplace world full of technology, deadlines, multi-tasking and daily demands…wouldn’t it be nice to have a “spa” at your desk, at any given moment? Well you can! Just imagine, at the snap of your fingers, you can be surrounded by relaxing lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), revitalizing sweet orange (Citrus sinensis) and comforting cinnamon (Cinnamomum zylancium).
Here’s how you do it. Dedicate one of your desk drawers as your “spa-time” drawer and include these essentials:
- A basket or organza bag of your favorite essential oils and essential oil blends inside of your desk drawer. If you have any hematite or amethyst stones, you can place inside of the drawer as well to help protect the essential oil energies from negativity and EMF’s.
- Scents to enhance concentration and productivity: Lemon (Citrus limonum), jasmine (Jasminum officinale), peppermint (Mentha x piperita), sweet basil (Ocimum basillicum)and rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- Scents to improve mood: bergamot (Citrus bergamia), clary sage (Salvia sclarea), geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), patchouli (Pogostemon cablin), ylang ylang (Canaga odorata)
- Scents to improve performance and inspire confidence: cinnamon (Cinnamomum zylancium), cypress (Cupressus sempervirens), pink grapefruit (Citrus paradise), eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus), rose (Rosa damascena) and vetiver (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- A type of diffuser – ultrasonic diffuser, a pine cone or two, a cloth or fabric (dedicated for aromatherapy), a jar filled with Epsom salt and/or dried flowers, or an empty spray bottle.
- During your 15-minute “scent-break”, open your drawer, grab a couple of your essential oils and diffuse. Breathe and relax.
To enhance your scentsational experience, play some soothing music, watch a relaxing video, sip on a cup of herbal tea and kick off your shoes and put on some comfy socks or slippers. This will engage all of your senses, and bring your body and mind into harmony. What a great mid-day rejuvenator. Now you are ready to conquer the second half of your day with a clear head, open heart and connected to your intuition.
Tags: Aromatherapy, Botanical, Essential Oils, Holistic Health, Scent-break