Q: Why am I always working on a health issue, whether physical or emotional? Just when I work through one issue, more seem to pop up right after. When will I be done getting healthy?
A: Well, the short answer is never. You never are done being healthy. It is a constant way of life of nurturing yourself to be continuously healthy. You don’t put gas in your car once and expect it to go forever, right? It is a continual process of refueling.
Same goes for maintaining your mental health. Think of it like popping a balloon. You have an exterior wall keeping things inside. When you pop that balloon, you release those burdens inside. Heavy burdens that weight you down and make you feel so blah. Because they are now released, they will confront you to give you an opportunity to either be released for good or, for you to keep and bury again (not the healthy choice).
When you keep & bury them again, this issue never goes away. It keeps coming up because you never actually released it from your grip. You know this because you find yourself saying things like, “why does this always happen?”, “here we go again”, and “I feel like I am always dealing with these issues”.
If this is you, it’s time to become more aware & recognize what “that” is so you can release it.
Every time you work on one issue, release it and resolve the discomfort associated with it, the next layer or issue that was hiding under that one will appear. That is actually good news. Exciting news if you ask me, because you’ve been given a automatic reminder and chance to let go of something that has been burdening your heart, stealing your joy and causing mental exhaustion. Why hold onto to that?
What better gift could you give yourself, than the one of releasing toxic thoughts keeping you from being happy, healthy, and feeling truly fulfilled.
The lesson we learn in holistic health is that when you peel back & release the outer wall layer, the issues of the next layer automatically present themselves.
What is even more special, when you learn how to help yourself work through each of these layers, you don’t feel overwhelmed, burdened, consumed and angry about them. You feel empowered, inspired, encouraged and motivated to peel the layer back with confidence and release it with certainty, knowing your true healthy self can finally shine through.
What tools can you use to help yourself and why they work?
AromaTHERAPY: A powerful tool that connects how your brain drives thoughts, feelings and emotions to trigger your body to take action. It can help you feel relaxed when stress or uptight. Or it can help you feel rejuvenated and invigorated to create elevated motivation. It all comes down to pairing the right scents to what you are needing right now. This will help steer you in the right direction to connect with yourself, release burdens & recharge your energy, all at the same time.
One whiff…one sniff is all you need to take just one step. Keep sniffing to keeping moving. Inhalation therapy of pure essential oils (not synthetic fragrances) has been shown to be the most powerful way to activate your sense of smell. Smell is the window to align your head and gut to send the right messages and allow for better absorption of nutrients and positive thoughts.
Here are a few scent combinations to help you work through & release specific layers of burdens.
- Lavender + Roman Chamomile: to help you feel balanced, harmonized & loved
- Frankincense & Geranium: to help you when you feel moody, wishy-washy & fearful
- Cedar & Lemon: when you need to feel strong & clear in the direction you want to go (use when you feel lost and weak)
- Orange & thyme: when you need to find creative solutions that get you moving (out of analysis paralysis mode)
- Patchouli & grapefruit: when you feel stuck, bitter & resentful
Herbal Support: Herbs are food. Which means it can feed your body nutrients to feel empowered and courageous to take action. I use herbs for mental & emotional balance. Depending on the situation, I may change what I take to give me the specific support I need.
One thing never changes. I ALWAYS take an adaptogen…every day. Adaptogens is like having an internal GPS guiding everything in the mind & body to find balance. It knows where to give you energy, and where to relax you, simultaneously. So, I add in an adaptogen blend to all of these scenarios below.
- Enzymes + Probiotics: to combat worry, apprehension & depression
- Cinnamon + thyme + minerals: combat anxiety, nervousness & frustration
- Yarrow + chlorophyll: to protect & defend against negative & draining people and negative energy
- Omegas + enzymes + minerals: when I need to feel strong, nourished & resilient
Sleep Schedule: Sleep is an important part of your daily routine that can have the greatest impact on your mental health. When you get enough sleep, you feel awesome when you wake up. You feel rested and can think more clearly. When you are sleep deprived, you feel sluggish, unmotivated, tired and more scattered. Schedule enough sleep so you can give your mind and body what it needs to work best for you.
- Be in bed by 10pm so you can start resting and fall asleep before 11pm. Your second adrenal kicks in at 11pm to assist your detoxification organs during its nighttime maintenance. Not for you to stay awake.
- Don’t eat heavy foods before bed. If you must have a bedtime snack, eat some protein.
- Shut off all artificial light around you at least 1 hour before bed. This artificial light can affect your pineal gland which is responsible for a good, healthy sleep.
- Go to bed with positive, happy thoughts. Let go of any angry, bitter & resentful thoughts as these can inhibit sleep, or make you awake during the night sweating or hot.
Fun Schedule: Make time to have fun. Fun can release any burdens, negativity and heavy emotional weight you are carrying. It is hard to be sad when you are smiling.
Food support: Be mindful of the foods you gravitate to when you are stressed, burdened, or in the middle of working through a hard situation.
- Salty foods mean your adrenals are very exhausted.
- Sweets mean you are craving love and trying to fill the void of joy.
- Carbs means you don’t feel nurtured or supported.
- Proteins mean you need strength and stamina.
If you are looking for a customized blend or herbal plan that matches exactly what you need right now, but don’t have the time to figure it out yourself, that is what I do. Let me take that burden off your shoulders of trying to piece things together yourself, hoping you get some kind of relief. Let’s actually get you relief so you can keep going. Here are your two options to work with me right now.
- Get a customized aromatherapy blend. Start strengthening your mindset & building emotional resilience so you can feel good about managing your daily responsibilities, making better decisions, and have enough energy to get it all done.
- Book a Holistic Health Consult. Together, we will discover your major health needs and create a plan of action to help you move the needle & get results.