Why You Need to Work with a Certified Aromatherapist
Why Is a Certified Aromatherapist Important? They help you –
- safely use essential oils & aromatherapy blends
- properly choose essential oils that will help your health goals
- they are skilled in creating effective essential oil combinations for beneficial aromatherapy blends
- they can cross-reference safety guidelines, contraindications & allergies
- they can create you a customized aromatherapy blend to remedy & relieve health concerns
Being a trained clinical aromatherapy practitioner, they are able to see the bigger picture of your current health and health goals. They can skillfully connect the dots and help you figure out what is imbalanced, why, and create a gameplan to fix it. They will prove to be a valuable asset to your health and wellness team.
What is a Certified Aromatherapist?
A certified aromatherapist is a person who has taken formal training with a NAHA or AIA approved school and educator. They have been through a certain certification program that provides a certain number of hands-on trainings, education, skill development & resources to help others safely and responsibly.
A Certified Holistic Aromatherapist has a minimum of 50 hours of formal training in general aromatherapy practices. At the JennScents Aromaversity, our Holistic Aromatherapy Certification Program is 60 hours of education & skill development training.
A Certified Professional Aromatherapist has a minimum of 200 hours of formal training in advanced & professional aromatherapy practices. At the JennScents Aromaversity, our Professional Aromatherapy Certification Program is 272 hours of education & skill development training.
A Certified Clinical Aromatherapist has a minimum of 300 hours of formal training in advanced, professional & clinical aromatherapy practices. At the JennScents Aromaversity, our Clinical Aromatherapy Certification Program is 511 hours of education & skill development training.
How a Certified Aromatherapists Can help you –
- strengthen your mindset & mental health
- manage and work through emotional issues
- bring relief to physical body ailments
- help you maintain and support your overall health & wellness
The Importance of a Custom Blend
A custom blend is created with precision to match your where you are right now, physically, mentally, and emotionally and bring balance to your mind and body, simultaneously/ This helps drive you psychologically, to where you want to be with a stronger mindset, emotional stability and enhanced motivation. When your head, heart and gut are in alignment, you think clearer, feel your best and feel content with joy and satisfaction.
How Aromatherapy Can Change & Transform Your Mind, Health & Life
Scents are processed through the limbic system which activates your brain to assess a situation. Your brain then communicates its assessment with your gut brain to take action by sending the right messages to the right parts of your body. In an instant, it can relax frazzled nerves, energy you mind and body, and bring balance to gastrointestinal health. When you are balanced, you have an increased quality of life with greater joy, flexibility and mobility. Ultimately, aromatherapy will strengthen your mind & body.
“Jenn has created the same custom blend for me for many years. It has always been consistent and really helps me tremendously. I am indebted to Jenn and her expertise and commitment to my custom blend.” – Sally’s 5-star review
How Do I Know a Certified Aromatherapist Received the Best Training?
There is so much misinformation about essential oils and aromatherapy. However, there are some excellent NAHA approved aromatherapy schools who provide proper training on what to use and how to use them safely and effectively.
In order to make sure you get signed up with the right aromatherapy school for you, here are a few questions/checklist you want to ask yourself.
- What do I want to accomplish with my aromatherapy certification?
- What type of aromatherapy education do I need to match my niche?
- What type of learning environment do I thrive best in – kind, loving compassionate, hands-on; hands-off – let me do it on my own,
- Has this school been around for a while?
- Do they have a trusted reputation?
- Do the instructors at the school have first-hand experience and education?
- Have they been practicing aromatherapy for several years in a real, clinical setting?
- Do they provide resources, forms and charts that will help me?
- Does the instructor provide personalized mentoring for me to ask questions and get answers specific to my needs within a quick timeframe?
- Easy access & doable
- What are the clear outcomes I will receive after earning my certification?
- Does this program have hands-on training to help me develop my formulation and blending skills as an aromatherapists?
The JennScents Aromaversity has been a reputable, trusted and NAHA approved school for almost 20 years. The founder and lead instructor, Jennifer H. Pressimone has been a Clinical Aromatherapy & Herbal Practitioner for 20 years. She infuses her integrative holistic health approach for both mind and body into her certification programs. Learn more about these programs at the JennScents Aromaversity.
Article References: JennScents Holistic Comprehensive Guide, JennScents Aromaversity Classes, JennScents E-books and Reference Material
Author: Jennifer Pressimone, Entrepreneur, Formulator, Author
Jennifer Pressimone is an aromatherapy entrepreneur (an Aromapreneur™). She is the founder and President of JennScents®, Inc. and the JennScents Aromaversity®. She is the Vice-President and Regional Florida Director of Central Florida for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA). Jennifer has build, managed and maintained several health and wellness businesses over the last 20 years. She is an incredibly gifted essential oil formulator, aromatherapy educator, public speaker, herbalist, author and philanthropist. She leads with passion, experience and heart to inspire, empower and motivate others to not only follow their dreams, but crush it, realizing more than they ever imagined possible. Jennifer is a life coach and business mentor. She received her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida, and has thousands of hours in continuing education in many health and wellness topics. Her specialties include mind-body health, gastrointestinal health and cognitive aromatherapy for humans and pets.
Disclaimers: Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prescribe. It is recommended that if serious health issues exist, you consult a licensed medical provider. JennScents does not assume liability or responsibility for the use and/or misuse of this information.