Can you say Guduchi?
Guduchi is gaining huge traction in the holistic health industry. Most people have never heard of it. However, it has been around for centuries. It’s most valued in Ayurvedic medicine for its adaptogenic properties to help your body and mind manage stress. When you are having physical, mental and emotional stress, which is inevitable, it can affect your physical mobility, memory, cognitive functions and emotional responses.
Guduchi, Tinospora Cordifolia
Fun facts about guduchi –
- It is bitter, warm and dry
- HPLC testing shows Tinospora Cordifolia contains 3 times the amount of berberine over other species (source). Berberine is highly noted for it’s blood sugar, gastrointestinal (source) and neuroprotective benefits such as TBI’s (source).
- Its leaf looks like a heart
Therapeutic Benefits of Guduchi
- supports the liver, kidneys and immune systems (source)
- anti inflammatory (source), antimicrobial, antioxidant, antidiabetic, anti-allergenic, vulnerary & anti-osteoporotic (source)
- cardiotonic (source)
- helps eliminate excess uric acid (think gout issues)
- strengthens ability to eliminate metabolic waste
- cellular repair and rejuvenation
- Lowers blood lipids (think cholesterol & triglycerides)
- shown to prevent bone breakdown
- helps chronic skin irritations (source)
- historically used to treat malaria
How Guduchi will improve your health
When taking guduchi, you need to get the whole plant and not just the isolated compounds of the plant. When compounds are separated from the plant, it is no longer really “natural”.
- increase mental, emotional & physical stamina & endurance (think athletics and running a mental marathon)
- improve cognitive functions, memory, focus and learning ability
- support bone, joint & muscle strength
- calms pain and inflammation
- enhances body’s ability to eliminate toxins
- helps balance blood sugar imbalances
- supports & strengthens body’s immune functions
- better sleep
My favorite GUDUCHI herbal product is this & here’s why
My absolute guduchi herbal products is called LongeviD3. Not only is it completely plant-based, it is free of chemicals, GMO’s, nuts, gluten, dairy and artificial stuff. In combination with other adaptogen, skeletal and immune supporting powerhouses, this synergistic blend is helping with so many health challenges. This formula contains reindeer lichen, which is abundantly found in the artic, and has naturally occurring D3. How amazing right? EVERYONE has a D vitamin deficiency, even those living in sunny locations.
This is a definite staple in my daily herbal regimen.
Contraindication & Safety
Use caution and taking diabetic medications as it may lower blood sugar (naturally), source
Article References: JennScents Holistic Comprehensive Guide, JennScents Aromaversity Classes, JennScents E-books and Reference Material
Author: Jennifer Pressimone, Entrepreneur, Formulator, Author
Jennifer Pressimone is an aromatherapy entrepreneur (an Aromapreneur™). She is the founder and President of JennScents®, Inc. and the JennScents Aromaversity®. She is the Vice-President and Regional Florida Director of Central Florida for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA). Jennifer has build, managed and maintained several health and wellness businesses over the last 20 years. She is an incredibly gifted essential oil formulator, aromatherapy educator, public speaker, herbalist, author and philanthropist. She leads with passion, experience and heart to inspire, empower and motivate others to not only follow their dreams, but crush it, realizing more than they ever imagined possible. Jennifer is a life coach and business mentor. She received her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida, and has thousands of hours in continuing education in many health and wellness topics. Her specialties include mind-body health, gastrointestinal health and cognitive aromatherapy for humans and pets.
Disclaimers: Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prescribe. It is recommended that if serious health issues exist, you consult a licensed medical provider. JennScents does not assume liability or responsibility for the use and/or misuse of this information.