[social_warfare buttons=”Facebook, twitter, instagram”]When you don’t feel good, it is hard to be motivated, inspired, empowered and confident. It is easy sometimes to fall into the misery trap, and not be able to see or think clearly, or positively. A stressed mind can cause a stressed body, and vice versa. Finding ways to connect and strengthen your inner power, can help you stand up in your own personal power. Having tools to get you back on your feet, moving forward and living freely. Developing the ability to conquer your dreams, goals and “to do” list with courage, joy, appreciation and gratitude, is essential.
Mind-Body Power Tools
If you were to open your “Personal Enrichment” toolbox, what tools would you find? What tools would be missing? I’ll share with you some my top tools to help me maintain a healthy mind-body, and to strengthen my weak or challenging areas.
Engaging a support system can provide the tools, backbone, encouragement and skills needed. Look to your family and friends to be by your side, on your side to lift you up when you are down. They often prove to be your lifeline to help you re-engage after a troubling situation or circumstance. Your “pick me up” team will be your biggest cheerleaders, giving you positive and constructive feedback to steer you in the right, productive direction.
Quiet time or Self-Meditation is crucial. You need to connect and check in with yourself, as often as possible to assess how you are doing – physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, energetically, nutritionally and environmentally. We will come across obstacles daily, that can stand in our way if we are not in tune with who we are, knowing our strengths and weaknesses, where we are headed and who we want beside us. Waking up in the morning and having a “morning meditation” ritual is helpful to start the day off with your feet firmly rooted and grounded, to calm overwhelming thoughts (of what needs to be accomplished that day), and get you started with focusing on tackling the day’s tasks. Also, if you get distracted during the day, go off track, and get caught up in a non-productive rut, have a “go to” meditation ritual to get you back on track. For example, my “go to” saying to myself is, “Stop. Refocus (or reroute – like the GPS says). [Say the task that you need to get back to.] Go!”. In my mind, I picture a car, rerouting itself to get back on an open highway (route 66 backroads or something like that), that is surrounded by a clear blue sky and nothing else (to limit distractions).
We have many lifestyle habits to choose from. Upgrading your choices can translate in upgraded health – on all levels. Sleep is one of them.
- Sleep – Getting to bed before 11:00pm (to ensure you are asleep by this time), has been proven to improve sleep, as it supports your circadian rhythms natural clock.
- Hydration – Staying hydrated is essential to nourish and feed our brain, nerves, body systems and gut – all of the essential body functions that allow us to think, thrive and survive. Take your body weight, divide that by 2, and this is the least amount of water in ounces you should be drinking a day. Remember, your kidneys are a filter that require water to keep all of the “internal machines” working properly. Anything else will gunk it up.
- Food – Eating a healthy and balanced diet, rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory supporters and nutrient dense foods will feed your mind, heart and gut. Too much empty calories, or congesting foods (like sugar and breads), cause congested and muffled thinking as well as a sluggish lymphatic and circulatory system.
- Fun – You have to have fun! Find at least 10-15 minutes a day (at minimum) to laugh, play, and have fun. Channel your inner child and giggle until your belly hurts.
- Deep breathing – Practice at least 5-10 minutes of deep breathing exercises daily to strengthen your mind, body and heart. Bad cells and germs cannot live when there is enough oxygen flowing through the body. Deep breathing deepens your connect to yourself, enhances elimination of toxins and facilitates in putting good nutrients to work.
- Get connected to yourself! Journal, meditate, create a Personal Milemarker Map® to rediscover your inner strengths.
And of course, my favorite tool of all, Aromatherapy. The power of aromatherapy can been seen, felt, heard and smelled no matter where you go. Why not put those nice scents to work to enhance your health? Lemon, for example, is uplifting and invigorating. It puts a smile on your face and makes you light up with happiness. It also enhances brain functions, focus, concentration, memory recall and alertness, as well as enhances the body’s immune system to fight off those unwanted germ invaders. Lavender can relax an overactive mind, over-thinking a situation, anxiety, nervousness and panic attacks. It also calms muscle spasms, an upset stomach and headache pain. When you match the right remedy to an imbalanced health issue, a result will follow.
Here are my top 5 “go to” scents to smell that supports a stressed mind and body –
- Flowers – lavender and/or chamomile: relaxing, calming, feel nourished and supported
- Citrus – lemon or orange: uplifting, invigorating, motivating, encouraging, inspiring
- Spices – cinnamon or ginger: helps make you feel safe, secure, comfortable and stimulates the mental juices and physical circulation
- Woods – Frankincense: enhances the connection to your inner soul, deepens your breathing, combats allergies, and helps you conquer your fears
- Herbs – rosemary or thyme: to stimulate circulation of the mind and body, strengthen my immune system, add a little fire under my feeet to get me moving and enhance my nutrient uptake.
Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prescribe. It is recommended that if serious health issues exist, you consult a licensed medical provider. JennScents does not assume liability or responsibility for the use and/or misuse of this information.
References: This blog contains excerpts from JennScents Aromaversity Certification Courses and the JennScents Holistic Aromatherapy Comprehensive Guide.
Want someone to help you identify where you are stuck and why, and create an action plan to get you moving?
Want to create movement in your life, health & business that builds momentum so you can achieve your goals & dreams?
Want a tried-and-true system that guides you in taking steps, so you don’t have to figure it out on your own?
I’ve got you.
Check out my Design, Align & Shine Coaching Program that helps you uncover hidden or stuck mindset blocks to unleash your inner fire. When you are connected to your purpose and passion, everything is possible. You just need the desire, a system, guide and tools to get you there.
Get registered for my Design, Align & Shine Program. Your time is NOW!
Article References: JennScents Holistic Comprehensive Guide, JennScents Aromaversity Classes, JennScents E-books and Reference Material
Author: Jennifer Pressimone, Entrepreneur, Formulator, Author
Jennifer Pressimone is an aromatherapy entrepreneur (an Aromapreneur™). She is the founder and President of JennScents®, Inc. and the JennScents Aromaversity®. She is the Vice-President and Regional Florida Director of Central Florida for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA). Jennifer has build, managed and maintained several health and wellness businesses over the last 20 years. She is an incredibly gifted essential oil formulator, aromatherapy educator, public speaker, herbalist, author and philanthropist. She leads with passion, experience and heart to inspire, empower and motivate others to not only follow their dreams, but crush it, realizing more than they ever imagined possible. Jennifer is a life coach and business mentor. She received her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida, and has thousands of hours in continuing education in many health and wellness topics. Her specialties include mind-body health, gastrointestinal health and cognitive aromatherapy for humans and pets.
Disclaimers: Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prescribe. It is recommended that if serious health issues exist, you consult a licensed medical provider. JennScents does not assume liability or responsibility for the use and/or misuse of this information.