It’s time to replace the unhealthy “smoke-break” with a healthier option – the “scent-break”. In a workplace world full of technology, deadlines, multi-tasking and daily demands…wouldn’t it be nice to have a “spa” at your desk, at any given moment? Well you can! Just imagine, at the snap of your fingers, you can be surrounded by relaxing lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), revitalizing sweet orange (Citrus sinensis) and comforting cinnamon (Cinnamomum zylancium).
Here’s how you do it. Dedicate one of your desk drawers as your “spa-time” drawer and include these essentials:
- A basket or organza bag of your favorite essential oils and essential oil blends inside of your desk drawer. If you have any hematite or amethyst stones, you can place inside of the drawer as well to help protect the essential oil energies from negativity and EMF’s.
- Scents to enhance concentration and productivity: Lemon (Citrus limonum), jasmine (Jasminum officinale), peppermint (Mentha x piperita), sweet basil (Ocimum basillicum)and rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- Scents to improve mood: bergamot (Citrus bergamia), clary sage (Salvia sclarea), geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), patchouli (Pogostemon cablin), ylang ylang (Canaga odorata)
- Scents to improve performance and inspire confidence: cinnamon (Cinnamomum zylancium), cypress (Cupressus sempervirens), pink grapefruit (Citrus paradise), eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus), rose (Rosa damascena) and vetiver (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- A type of diffuser – ultrasonic diffuser, a pine cone or two, a cloth or fabric (dedicated for aromatherapy), a jar filled with Epsom salt and/or dried flowers, or an empty spray bottle.
- During your 15-minute “scent-break”, open your drawer, grab a couple of your essential oils and diffuse. Breathe and relax.
To enhance your scentsational experience, play some soothing music, watch a relaxing video, sip on a cup of herbal tea and kick off your shoes and put on some comfy socks or slippers. This will engage all of your senses, and bring your body and mind into harmony. What a great mid-day rejuvenator. Now you are ready to conquer the second half of your day with a clear head, open heart and connected to your intuition.
Article References: JennScents Holistic Comprehensive Guide, JennScents Aromaversity Classes, JennScents E-books and Reference Material
Author: Jennifer Pressimone, Entrepreneur, Formulator, Author
Jennifer Pressimone is an aromatherapy entrepreneur (an Aromapreneur™). She is the founder and President of JennScents®, Inc. and the JennScents Aromaversity®. She is the Vice-President and Regional Florida Director of Central Florida for the National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA). Jennifer has build, managed and maintained several health and wellness businesses over the last 20 years. She is an incredibly gifted essential oil formulator, aromatherapy educator, public speaker, herbalist, author and philanthropist. She leads with passion, experience and heart to inspire, empower and motivate others to not only follow their dreams, but crush it, realizing more than they ever imagined possible. Jennifer is a life coach and business mentor. She received her Bachelor's Degree in Psychology from the University of Central Florida, and has thousands of hours in continuing education in many health and wellness topics. Her specialties include mind-body health, gastrointestinal health and cognitive aromatherapy for humans and pets.
Disclaimers: Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prescribe. It is recommended that if serious health issues exist, you consult a licensed medical provider. JennScents does not assume liability or responsibility for the use and/or misuse of this information.