It’s time to replace the unhealthy “smoke-break” with a healthier option – the “scent-break”. In a workplace world full of technology, deadlines, multi-tasking and daily demands…wouldn’t it be nice to have a “spa” at your desk, at any given moment? Well, you can!
Just imagine, at the snap of your fingers, you can be surrounded by relaxing lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), revitalizing sweet orange (Citrus sinensis) and comforting cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylancium).
Here’s how you do it. Dedicate one of your desk drawers as your “spa-time” drawer and include these essentials:
- A basket or organza bag of your favorite essential oils and essential oil blends inside of your desk drawer. If you have any hematite or amethyst stones, you can place inside of the drawer as well to help protect the essential oil energies from negativity and EMF’s.
- Scents to enhance concentration and productivity: Lemon (Citrus limonum), jasmine (Jasminum officinale), peppermint (Mentha x piperita), sweet basil (Ocimum basilicum)and rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis)
- Scents to improve mood: bergamot (Citrus bergamia), clary sage (Salvia sclarea), geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), patchouli (Pogostemon cablin), ylang ylang (Canaga odorata)
- Scents to improve performance and inspire confidence: cinnamon (Cinnamomum zeylancium), cypress (Cupressus sempervirens), pink grapefruit (Citrus paradise), eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus), rose (Rosa damascena) and vetiver (Vetiveria zizanioides)
- A type of diffuser – ultrasonic diffuser, a pinecone or two, a cloth or fabric (dedicated for aromatherapy), a jar filled with Epsom salt and/or dried flowers, or an empty spray bottle.
- During your 15-minute “scent-break”, open your drawer, grab a couple of your essential oils and diffuse. Breathe and relax.
To enhance your scentsational experience, play some soothing music, watch a relaxing video, sip on a cup of herbal tea and kick off your shoes and put on some comfy socks or slippers. This will engage all of your senses, and bring your body and mind into harmony. What a great mid-day rejuvenator. Now you are ready to conquer the second half of your day with a clear head, open heart and connected to your intuition.
Want someone to help you identify where you are stuck and why, and create an action plan to get you moving?
Want to create movement in your life, health & business that builds momentum so you can achieve your goals & dreams?
Want a tried-and-true system that guides you in taking steps, so you don’t have to figure it out on your own?
I’ve got you.
Check out my Design, Align & Shine Coaching Program that helps you uncover hidden or stuck mindset blocks to unleash your inner fire. When you are connected to your purpose and passion, everything is possible. You just need the desire, a system, guide and tools to get you there.
Get registered for my Design, Align & Shine Program. Your time is NOW!